Saturday, March 08, 2014

Week 2 of General Grey with Pink Sparkles Brain Cancer Battle Training Plan

How about THAT for along title? Ha! Although it's technically 10pm on a Saturday night (daylight savings starts at 2am tomorrow!), I just wanted to share how blessed I've felt this last week, especially with the outpouring of love an support from my immediate family (love you Zev and Zachary) as well as having Zev's parents Dave and Judy (love you guys too!) visiting this week. It's been a fun week! I'm still feeling physically, emotionally and spiritually strong and pray that I'll continue feeling this way all the way through my radiation and chemotherapy treatments. 

So, in case you're interested, my radiation starts Wednesday, March 12th and goes for 30 consecutive days. Zev will take me in to the clinic to have my radiation every day (Mondays to Fridays only) and it is expected to last about 5 and a half weeks. Once I've completed my radiation treatment, I then start a years worth of the PCV (but only the P and the C and not the V :-)) It all depends on how my blood work is doing. Although I feel strong now, I know that when I feel tired, I get discouraged and don't feel as motivated to get out and exercise! Please keep me in your prayers for that. I really do believe that God has a great plan and that as long as I remain positive and as strong as I can, that I will have the best fighting chance to kick this brain cancer to the curb :-))

Enjoy the recap from Days 9 through 13 (tomorrow is Day 14 and since I don't start the official Radiation Battle until Wednesday, March 12th, I'll provide another update before then :-))

God bless!

Fiona xo

Day 9: Received a fun "Word of God" battle armour set from Miss Marty! Love it!!!!!!
Day 10: Had my radiation mask fitted by the amazing radiation techs at the clinic then found the CUTEST HEADBANDS IN THE WORLD at a new accessories store in town! Love them! I already have like 7 cute headbands!
Day 11: Zev taught Zachary how to play his quarter sized violin that he had in first grade! Adorable! Zachary was such a good student!! 
Also received a super sweet grey sweater with pink sparkly flowers on it from my beautiful friend Allison!! Thank you dearest!
Da 12: Found Zachary without his pajama top on, first thing in the morning. When I asked him where it was, he replied "it fell." It sure did: it was pushed down around his knees. Boys :-))
Began asking for fun jokes to fill my "Radiation Battle Joke Book" (see www.jokes4miles.com for more info on how jokes can really ease a cancer patient's mind during treatment! I already have so many!!!!)
Finished off the day with coffee (decaf: trying to wean off the regular stuff!) and dinner with my fellow brain cancer warrior friend, Brie! Love you girl :-))
Day 13: Received an unexpected beautiful bunch of tulips from our friends Rick and Venera! We love and miss you guys!! Thanks so much :-))
So there you have it! Ready for battle! 

BRING IT ON!!!!

God bless :-)

4 comments:

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Fi - I don't know if you remember me or not....I found your blog quite a while ago, when you were first diagnosed and then, well life got a bit sad for me too. I lost my adult son in a tragic fire and my heart is shattered into a million pieces. Something made me come back to your blog, and here you are, doing your treatments (and rocking a GREAT short do!!). I spend alot of my time praying, so I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your family. I know you will fight this and BEAT IT. I trust God, he is so faithful. He has a plan for my son, different from my plan but I must accept it. His plan for you is laid out already - be still and listen for his call. He loves you Fi!!!

Take care and God Bless,

Diane Taylor (Baltimore MD)

Sam said...

I am standing with you General Grey with Pink Sparkles and the Z-men. Together we are strong!
Thinking of funny stuff for your notebook! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Fiona, Denise from Sydney here..
I just want to throw all my love and support to you and your family. These are the moments we just hold our breath but instead just keep doing what you do and live your life to the fullest..enjoy your husband..your son..

Big hug..Denise.

zevandfi said...

Diane, Thank you so much for your prayers! I am so sorry to hear about your son. I have already prayed and will continue to pray for you too :-)) God's got this and I can't wait to smile with you in heaven one day!