Tuesday, October 08, 2013

18 months!

And 6 days (by the time I'm drafting this post!) Yes, Zachary turned 18 months old on Wednesday, October 9th. We took him in for his well baby visit on base and he measured in at 35.5 inches for height (99% percentile); 27.24lbs for weight (68%) and 50.1cm for head circumference (96%). So he continues to he my tall, skinny, big headed baby....and I love every bit of him! At least he's consistent :-)

Here are aome pictures of the latest and greatest. Zachary's "yaya" (boo boo) is getting better. The pediatrician recommended putting some Vitamin E oil on it (as did my mum and apparently Judy used to put Vitamin E on Zev when he was little: these ladies are so similar!) Zachary does like to keep pointing to his "yaya" although lately he's been pointing to the wrong spot: his left side instead of his right. He makes a sad pout when he points to it and sort of says "yaya" in a pitiful way, so I know he's not really in pain when I put a shirt on him and he yells "yaya" and points to the other side of his forehead. Speaking of yelling, our beautiful, precious, perfect son has definitely turned into a toddler. A boy toddler at that. We still love him to bits but his latest "characteristics" including screeching like a pterodactyl, climbing up on EVERYTHING (the more dangerous, the better apparently) and generally making mummy's heart skip a beat when she calls for him in the morning and he is at the top of the staircase (thankfully carpeted) calling for "dadda" make like so fun :-)) He is still a cutie patootie though.

I still get to cuddle with him (after bath time when he's wrapped up like a giant burrito and can't move his arms or face but mummy still gets to cuddle him and kiss those pudgy cheeks :-)) Fun times. Zachary is such a JOY in our lives and we can't imagine a day without him. Zev and I are appreciating every age and every stage. He's always been a great sleeper ("sleep sheep?") and we know we have been very blessed with a pretty easy going baby. 

I have really been convicted by mum and Zev to tone down my "extra-curricular" activities. I was honestly wearing myself out, and although they were all "good" activities such as Babygarten, Women's Bible study, I was getting really exhausted . Being a mum of a toddler on chemo (14 rounds completed/ more than a year and still going- thank you, God!) and keeping up with all of these activities just left me worn out at the end of each day. I am happy to say that these days, I nap ove a day after lunch (when Zachary naps), I limit myself to MOPS and mothers morning out every other week and have been getting better at politely saying "no" to sweet offers. It's all part of the healing process and SLEEP or REST is a crucial part of that! So thanks Zev and mum. I know I can be stubborn sometimes, but you both have really helped me to feel much more rested and thus happier these days!

So on that note, enjoy the pics!

Have a great week! 






























2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Goodness time flies! So handsome and so cute!

Gena said...

I LOVE all of this great photos of your beautiful family and friends. Thanks for sharing them FiFi and thanks for being such a wonderful part of my life. I love and miss you everyday.