Monday, August 05, 2013

Thank you, Lord, for counsel and guidance.

I thought the Stormie Omartian devotional for today was appropriate!

"Lord, I look to You for counsel and guidance. Show me whenever I need to seek the help of godly counselors who also look to You for counsel. When I need specific knowledge about what to do that I can only get from You and the people You bring into my life for that reason, show me exactly whom to go to for counsel. Guide me every step of the way, and please be there to guide me especially on the day I step into eternity with You. " 

And the scripture verse is Psalm 74:24: You will guide me with Your counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

To think that this time last year. Zev and I were praying for counsel about my brain surgery! We felt such fear about the brain cancer diagnosis (and that awful prognosis!) and about the uncertainties of brain surgery. The Lord was so good to guide us to Dr. Q who did an amazing job and give me hope.

Happy Monday y'all :-))

No comments: