Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today is a much better day

I thank the Lord above for today. Today and everyday. I will leave you with a devotional from today. As always, it seems appropriate. Funny that.

I am a God who heals. I heal broken bodies, broken minds, broken heart, broken lives, and broken relationships. My very Presence has immense healing powers. You cannot life close to Me without experiencing some degree of healing. However, it is also true that you have not because you ask not. You receive the healing that flows naturally from my Presence, whether you seek it or not. But there is more- much more- available to those who ask.

The first step in receiving healing is to live ever so close to Me. The benefits of this practice are too numerous to list. As you grow more and more intimate with Me, I reveal My will to you more directly. When the time is right, I prompt you to ask for healing of some brokenness in you or in another person. The healing may be instantaneous, or it may be a process. That is up to Me. Your part is to fully trust Me and to thank Me for the restoration that has begun.

I rarely heal all the brokenness in a person's life. Even My servant Paul was told, "My grace is sufficient for you," when he sought healing for the thorn in his flesh. Nonetheless, much healing is available to those whose lives are intimately interwoven with Mine. ASK AND YOU WILL RECEIVE .

Psalm 103:3; James 4:2; 2 Corinthians 12:7-9 and Matthew 7:7.

That's all the energy I have for today but isn't that great!? I have been sleeping a lot lately :-)

I'll leave you with a picture of my boys. My two loves.

2 comments:

Robin Jones said...

Zachary is your spitting image. Lucky boy!

Judy Immesoete said...

Weeds have a bad Rap
and it's just not so!

Dear Fiona,

I, like everyone was overwhelming sadden to learn of your trial. Lucy forwarded your blog to me I then text and spoke to your Judy. My prayers are constant for you, Zev and baby Zachary. You have blessings in them so rarely given, blessing granted by God's love and promise. You have sought His presence and He has revealed Himself to you.
NOW ABOUT TOSE WEEDS
I recently moved to Oregon to be closer to my grandson Arlo James. My daughter Melissa and her husband James gave birth to Arlo in October 2009. He is to me like Zachary is to Judy and Dave and your Mom and Dad, the most wondrous of miracles. But wait I am off my point here......so I bought a house and it is a wreck, a very big wreck! So is the yard, now I'm getting to the point of this conversation. As I weeded I was praying for you and others and it came to me that in you Our Lord has created a weed yes a beautiful strong weed. Here is how I knew; all the grass in the yard is burned out from the Sun, lack of rain and very high temps in Oregon. Everything is burned and brown except the weeds! As I attempted to pull them they were impossible, stubborn and strong. that is you now, honestly Fiona I knew as I worked along you are the strong green weed amongst the rest of the brown grasses. He made you strong and stubborn to keep growing in Him. That nothing or no one will change your conviction in Christ. I know it, I believe it is true. You will with a bit of time become stronger and stronger. Everyday is a blessing.

I just love the photo of Zev and Zack they are two very handsome fellas.

Rest and get strong those two cuties are waiting for their beautiful little weed to keep growing.

My love to you and your family (what a beautiful word "family").

God Bless you,
Judy Immesoete