Monday, May 07, 2012

Guess who's 1 (month) old today?!

Our cousin (Zev's side) Candi sews beautiful children's clothes and owns her own business called By Cee Cee.  She sent us these adorable onesies from 1 to 6 months, and each one has a Dr. Seuss motif on it.  I loved them when I first received them, because I intended to document Zachary's milestones, including his monthly birthdays.  So thank you again, Candi!!

 


Now that I am a mummy myself (it still feels strange saying that but I love saying it!!) anyway, now that I am a mum myself, I find myself keenly observing every little thing that Zachary does each day.  I do reflect (especially during the 2am/ 3am feedings) how God must look on us with such tenderness of heart and how He must want to protect us and love on us every single day.  The issue of course is if we will let Him!  The simple things in life really are the best (and they're free) and one of my favorite things right now is Zachary's smile after he has had a good feeding.  Some people say that this smile comes from gas but I have seen him smile on other occasions.  Apparently now that we are in his second month, he will start smiling more in response to Zev and I.  I can't wait.  Zev loves this little yawn that Zachary does...I will try to capture it on camera.  It is precious.

So, for poignancy sake and because I know you are all dying to know the details...Zachary, what are you up to this month?
- As of the nurses' visit last week (was that on Tuesday, I have lost track of time!), you weighed 10 pounds 5 ounces.  I am carrying you in the sling right now and you feel heavier and fuller each day.  I am so proud of you!  Keep putting on the weight, son.  You were 21.5 inches 2 weeks ago...I am interested to see what your measurements will be at your 2 month visit!
- You are starting to outgrow your newborn diapers.  Daddy went and bought you some Size 1/2 diapers from Costco yesterday.  He is the best daddy in the world.  You look more and more like him every day.  I love my boys.
- You are now in Size 3 month clothes.  The newborn clothes were cute but your beautiful round head doesn't quite fit into them nicely.  I love your head.

- Speaking of your head, you have very strong neck muscles and have been able to pick up your head and move it around since almost the day you were born!  Daddy thinks you will be walking soon! And speaking Spanish and German...hmmmm. Ha!

- You can follow objects and sounds from side to side too.
- You are cooing and smiling and are a very good, mellow baby.  I know people say that each day is different and that babies are only human and can change but your daddy and I thank God for the wonderful little human being you are.  I have been joking lately, saying that God knew that Zev and I were rookie parents and thus sent us a good baby.  Aside from gasses which nobody likes and aside from being hungry every few hours (you do eat a lot, Zachary), you do not fuss. 
- Yesterday was your first day in chuch and you did GREAT!  You slept through the entire service (including the Lord's supper) and only fussed when we got to the car.  Thank you...
- You love that Fisher-Price electric swing.  Mummy loves it too!
- You are still feeding every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, sometimes every 4 hours but no longer than that.  I like feeding you "on demand." 

- Daddy loves you.

- Mummy loves you too.

- You make us want to have another baby...but not just yet!
I can't believe that Zev and I are parents.  What a gift you are to us, Zachary.

Ok, here is a video of the "birthday boy" that I took this morning.  Hope it turns out!

Love, Mummy xoxo
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17

1 comment:

Gena said...

What a joy to read your words to Zachary. You are a wonderful mum and Zachary is a very fortunate boy to have you and Zev as his loving parents. XO