Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Sleep when the baby sleeps

I am smiling to myself because where I thought that I didn't have enough time to do things before baby, I definitely don't have enough time to do those things now.  Like write a new blog post :-)) 
 Sweet Zachary is down for a nap (it's 1.52pm and I only just now got my daily shower in!) and has been a hungry little boy all day.  This picture above is from his nap earlier in the day.  He is napping in his bassinet now.  Yes, I know I should be napping and I have been falling into the "there is so much to do, no time to nap" mindset, but after a couple of nights of feeding every few hours, I have come to really appreciate the day time naps.  I slept in with Zachary after Zev went to work this morning.
Don't you just love baby feet?  I spend a lot of time "examining" Zachary's features while I feed him.  Here's what I know for sure: this boy looks more and more like his daddy every single day.  A dear friend from Germany told me today that she thinks Zachary has my eye shape...what do you think?
The military provides a "New Parent Support nurse" to come and visit new mums twice after the birth of their baby.  The nurse came out yesterday and said that Zachary is going through a growth spurt when I told her that he is eating every 2 hours, sometimes every hour and 45 minutes, round the clock.  I was happy this morning when I told Zev that Zachary had gone a whole three hours without eating last night!  I am trying to feed him as frequently as I can during the day and play with him and do tummy time so that he is well fed and sleepy at night.  The good news is that Zachary is steadily gaining weight.  He now weighs 10 pounds 4.5 ounces, which is almost two pounds more than he weighed at birth 3 weeks ago!  I can't believe I was giving birth to a baby three weeks ago....Oh, at his 2 week well baby visit last Tuesday, Zachary had grown an inch and put on a pound and a half.  The things that new parents get excited about with a newborn....On that note, I will leave you with some pictures of our sweet Zachary.  Once little man wakes up, I think we will walk to the park....
Tummy time this morning.  Isn't he gorgeous?  We think so too.
Zachary looking up at me from his "pouch" (Slingezee) yesterday.  I am still getting the hang of that thing...not quite sure what the best position for Zachary is.  Any tips are greatly appreciated!
Sweet boy after a feeding.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Gena said...

FiFi I love your updates. Thanks for taking the time to share these precious moments. Looking at Zachary's tummy time photo he does look more and more like Zev BUT he sure is a beautiful combination of both his lovely parents. Please give him big kisses from Gena and Hans. xoxoxo