Saturday, April 07, 2012

40 weeks and 1 day today!

I am "post date" pregnant which is a funny term but simply means that I am past my 40 weeks of gestation.  Baby Boy is comfy in my belly and doesn't seem to be in a hurry to make his way out into the world.  I don't mind actually; I like feeling him move around but of course can't wait for Zev and I to hold him and love on him and for our families to get to know him.
My induction has been scheduled for the evening of April 15th- Tax Day!  Maybe baby boy will arrive before then?
The picture above cracks me up because I was around 5 months pregnant (so only 4 months ago!); we had just found out the gender of our baby; and I was so excited to have somewhat of a belly showing...my clothes in this picture are maternity clothes!  My body feels so large right now; I have put on about 30 pounds (about 13 kilos)!  I love carrying my baby boy but am definitely feeling the aches and pains and uncomfortableness of carrying all this extra weight.  The joys of pregnancy!

Happy Easter to all our family and friends.  Tomorrow is Resurrection Day.  We are so grateful for Christ who died on the Cross for our sins.  He redeemed us and when I think of all the awful things I have said or done or thought or of all the stuff that goes on in this world, all the evil.... the impact of what Christ did for us, because he loved us, is just so amazing.  And the best part?  We don't have to pay Christ back or earn our thanks by works that we do...Believing that Christ is the son of God, sent to redeem us is free!  Now that is reason to celebrate!

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  John 3:16

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

isn't amazing how fast your grow??? Can't wait to see baby York!!