Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Settling in

G'day everyone!
Just two weeks ago, the movers delivered our things. Zev started his first week of work last Tuesday, and I received my first two new cases the day that the movers arrived! So we have been plenty busy unpacking and settling in. (Wanna come help us unpack?! Haha)

We like the area that we live in and getting used to hot weather again.
One of my favorite features of the house we are renting is the fact that the backyard is nice and large, albeit full of mosquitos, which makes it near impossible to sit outside and have dinner at night. Maybe in Autumn or Winter...
The tree house is also cool. Zev and I are planning on getting out there one of these weekends to clear some sticks and leaves and get the tree house up and running again. I climbed into it the day we arrived and wanted to use the flying fox, but Zev needs to put a hook on it again to make it work.
The view from our kitchen is also lovely. We have a dining room but the movers broke our (Australian custom made!) dining room table in half, so we can't use that room. Our neighbors are also super nice. We feel abundantly blessed by God, because at each posting we have had (this is our 5th house together!) we have had amazing neighbors. Most of the people in our neighborhood are retired or active duty military. The base is not far away which makes it a nice commute for Zev. Some of our neighbors have college football season tickets and already invited us to come along to watch a college game in October. Another set of neighbors have invited us to have dinner with them at the yacht club. These neighbors also brought over some Chick-Fil-A (am I spelling that right?) when we were doing this: 
I had never had Chick-Fil-A before and it was tasty. It seems that every store under the sun is in the nearby area which to me, is a mixed blessing. I kind of liked the fact that our choices were limited in Germany (we shopped at the Commissary or at our local, tiny supermarket) and that everything was closed on Sundays and after 7pm. I'm sure I will appreciate the 24hr aspect of Wal-Mart eventually.
Well, I wish I had more interesting pictures to share this week, but I will leave you with the one above, taken recently on Virginia Beach. Living near a beach makes this posting VERY easy to appreciate. God bless and have a great week!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wonderful! Glad you are settling in. You always find good neighbors because you are such a good neighbor, I'm sure of it!