Sunday, January 06, 2013

This day will be a great day; this year will be a great year :-)

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you! Zev and I hope that you had a lovely holiday!

Sorry that I haven't written in so long. I'll be honest, although I appreciated the love and joy of Christmastime, it was a really hard time for me emotionally. Dealing with cancer has been harder, much harder than I expected. I am doing well physically and am tolerating the chemo well (thank you, God!) Zev has been my strong rock here on earth, to encourage me and reassure me. Zachary is my little angel and his sweet face propels me to continue on, to make the best out of each day. Local friends have rallied around me to cover me with their kindness and friendship and encourage me without realizing it! I do believe that God gave us Zachary when He did, to help Zev and I get through this tough time. And of course my family in Australia has been outstanding in listening and encouraging me and helping me see the positive side of things :-)

I feel good on all fronts now (thank you, again, God!) and feel like I have come out of a "cloud" of sorts. I am sure this will sound crazy, but I believe that I was in the middle of a spiritual warfare there for a little bit. But I prayed to The Lord in the midst of the storm and He held my hand and led me through it. I am so grateful to Him for that.

So we stayed local and low key for Christmas. Zev and I had more fun than Zachary I think, in watching him open his gifts. As can be expected of an 8 month old, he loved the wrapping paper more than the gifts themselves! Sweet boy :-) We received some really unique gifts, such as a beautiful music box filled with delectable German "Nuernberger" cookies from my German teacher, Ulla and her husband, Manfred (herzlichen Dank!); a package of German homemade cookies from my German Masters of Laws colleagues, Laura and Philipp (auch danke schoen!!) a goodie packet from sweet Leslie and of course gifts from the grandparents and our brothers.

New Year's Eve weekend we spent with Zev's little brother, Deven and his wife Lauren. They flew down sans kids (thank you, grandma and grandpa for babysitting!) We had such a fun weekend! I'm so glad they came down!

So the next big adventure is....Australia!!!!! We are so very excited to be heading Down Under very soon and can't wait tointroduce Zachary to the family as well as meet all the new additions and just spend some quality time with family and friends. It also helps that it is the middle of summer in Australia and nice and hot :-))

Well, hope you enjoy the pictures from the previous few weeks. As always, THANK YOU so much for your prayers. I have especially seen first hand this past year how POWERFUL prayer truly is.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6













































2 comments:

GiGi said...

Hey FiFi, so glad to catch up with you and the boys via your blog. I love the photos and GIRL you look radiant. Sounds like you had a great relaxing Christmas with Zev and Zachary. I'm so happy that you got to spend that very special time with the most important people in your life.
Your trip to Oz is coming soon and I know you are so excited to be able to make the trip. I will be thinking of you and looking forward to all the wonderful photos of your trip.
Fi you have been so strong during this time and God's love has helped you get through the tough times and will continue to help you through each day. I love you dear friend and look forward to our next time together. Besos, GiGi

Laura and Ryan said...

Fiona! He is precious! Continued prayers for you three. Sending hugs and lots and lots of love :)