Friday, September 07, 2012

Military Spouses Coffee

Yesterday I was able to go to the kick-off coffee on base for the military wives club. I remember the first coffee I went to last year; it's amazing that a year has past!

Zachary turns 5 months this Sunday!!! And yes you can expect an update :-)))

My AWESOME friend from Louisiana, Lindsey, sent me a fun package full of sweets! I loved it when I received it today :-))) Thank you, Lindsey!!! :-)))

My brother and his lovely wife Gabby and their 3 kids also sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. The bouquet included PINK STARGAZER LILIES!!!!!!! My favorite flower! I know I have often said that in my home (that pink stargazer lilies are my favorite) but how did they know? Interesting :-)) Mum pointed out that the bouquet looked just like Gabby's wedding bouquet (which had the lilies plus roses). I love it guys. Thank you so much.

So that has been my week! I am leaving you with some fun pics, including one of Zachary and his future wife, Miss Eliana Grace. I am a firm believer in arranged marriages :-)) Grace would be PERFECT for Zachary. I am good friends with her sweet mum, Ellen, who is also a military wife. Hope he feels the same way too!

I have an awesome, generous husband. I don't know that I will be able to repay him all the kindness he has shown me these past few weeks. It will be only 2 months since my collapse, on September 16th! Isn't that crazy!? To think that 2 months ago, I had no idea that I had brain cancer, and 2 months later, I have had an awake craniotomy and have a big scar to prove it! I've had lots of scans and tests and grown CLOSER to family members and people in my church and community. God is so good. He is so good. If you are reading this and have supported me in ANY way, whether it is sending an encouraging note, making a meal for me, coming to visit me, bringing me breakfast (thanks Ginny!!), bringing me and mailing me gifts like books (thanks Liz!), scarves, chocolates.....I can never thank you all enough. It all lifts my spirits and encourages me SO much. I am so grateful. I hope to pass it on someday :-)

The Joy of the LORD is my strength. Nehemiah 8:10.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Fiona, its so good to read from you. I was worried cause you haven't posted anything the whole week. So glad to hear your friends and family are spoiling you! You are in my constant prayers! Love, Dori

Ashleigh said...

YOu look FABULOUS!! Thanks for the updates!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiona, you look so well - it's a credit to your strength and attitude.

Zachary is such a cutie - just like his uncle Mario!!!!

Please pass on my best wishes to all, especially your beautiful mum. Thinking of you and keeping you in my/our prayers always,

Toby and Family



Cassy Quick said...

Fiona,

You look fabulous...rocking the blue/black dress!!! Continued prayers and well wishes!! :)

Lindsey said...

Looking great...love that blue and black dress!

Glad you enjoyed the package...the flowers are gorgeous!