Monday, August 27, 2012

Zachary!

I haven't blogged about our son, Zachary, in so long and I woke up thinking "I need to blog about Zachary!" This blog is really about our lives, our travels and our loves, and since we had Zachary, he has consumed our everyday lives!

So Zachary has been getting spoilt (and I'm ok with that :-)) by his 3 sets of grandparents these past few weeks. They have actually been fighting (well not really fighting) about who gets the next turn with him. He is SUCH a mellow baby. You know, I remember blogging about that a while ago, before being diagnosed with a brain tumor, and I do believe that God was gracious enough to GIFT me with a mellow baby. I really do! Zachary is so content, just watching the world go by. He is an observer. Just smiles and gurgles as e watches the adults fuss over him. I just love him so much. He is getting big, no make that HUGE right now! He like jumped from 3 month onesies to 6 to 9 month onesies this month! Crazy! He really is a little chunker. My parents have been speaking to him in Spanish so we will hear Zev say "hola mi hijo" or "que pasa?" occasionally. It's all very cute.

Here is the devotional from Stormiest Omartian's "Prayers for Emotional Wholeness" which I read this morning:

Dear LORD, there is nothing better than learning to live a godly life, and how wonderful is the peace and contentment that comes from it. Help me to always be grateful and content with having the things that I need. Help me not to be worried about the things I want but don't have. You ABUNDANTLY bless those who love You, and You give Your children the desires of their heart when they are in alignment with Your will.

Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

1 Timothy 6:6-8

And so I'll leave you now with a brand new picture of our boy!

4 comments:

Gena said...

Hey FiFi, I was just saying to Hans yesterday that Fi has not written much about Baby Zachary as of late. I'm always craving to see news photos of our lovely boy. So FiFi, we were on the same train of thought. Thank you for sharing news of Zac and this wonderful picture. He sure is adorable. I want to squeeze him tight :>)) Hans is very smitten with Zachary and came home telling me what a sweet little boy he is and how much he looks like his mum. Of course I knew that;>) Can't wait to see all three of my favorite Yorks in the near future. Love ya girl and give both your boys kisses from me and Hans too!!! XOXOXO

Heather Schott said...

He is just so incredibly cute! Great picture! I love reading your posts ;)

Laura and Ryan said...

He is sooo precious! Oh my I just want to squeeeze those cheeks!

Nancy O'Rourke-Goepner said...

What a special blessing to receive a "mellow" baby. I confess I did not receive this blessing. I am blessed in other ways! He is so gorgeous and just gets more adorable each time I see him. Love you and still praying for you continually.