Friday, August 10, 2012

Relax in My Healing, Holy Presence

Allow Me to transform you through this time alone with Me. As your thoughts center more and more on Me, trust displaces fear and worry. Your mind is somewhat like a seesaw. As your trust in Me goes up, fear and worry automatically go down. Time spent with Me not only increases your trust; it also helps you discern what is important and what is not.

Energy and time are precious, limited entities. Therefore, you need to use them wisely, focusing on what is truly important. As you walk close to Me, saturating your mind with Scripture, I will show you how to spend your time and energy.

My Word is a lamp to your feet; My Presence is a Light for your path.

Ephesians 5: 15-16. Be very careful, then, how you live- not as unwise but wise, making the most out of every opportunity because the days are evil.

Psalm 119:105. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Ok isn't it interesting how appropriate this daily devotional for TODAY is? I pray that you find it useful too! We are all facing our burdens today, every single one of us. I will pray that God gives you a peace to see through your burden today!

My prayer for today is that God will guide Dr. Q and the radiologist neurologist who was a very smart man by the name of Dr. Pillar, on how to plan my surgery. There are a few ways his can happen, but basically Dr. pillar said that last night he would send Dr.Q the results from my Functional MRI and that they would discuss it and figure our whether to do an awake craniotomy on me where I am awake and they can test my language and cognitive skills (I prefer to be asleep but if I need to be awake during my brain surgery then bring it on; I've run a marathon. I can do this with Christ by my side!) OR they can do an asleep tumor resection. Dr. Q is meant to talk to me about the risks involved beforehand.

Science has come a long way. There is a cure for cancer out there. I just need to hang around long enough for science to catch up. I still believe God is using me to glorify Him through al this. I do. And for my personal development. To truly trust and believe in miracles.

Lastly, although I think the oncologist yesterday is Jewish, I told him that I believe in miracles and he smiled and said so does he and he likes it when patients prove him wrong. I liked him.

Here are some pictures of this mornings devotional time with Zachary. I actually look forward to his evening feeds because it gives me a chance to be quiet with God.

Have a great day!

Fiona

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Fiona, I followed a link to your blog through a prayer request post on Kelly's Korner blog. I don't know you, but I just want you to know that I am praying for you and your family as you prepare to undergo brain surgery in the coming week. You, your husband, and your precious son have been weighing on my heart. Please know that you are being lifted up in prayer. God brings miracles, and I know that He will protect you through this process. Your posts have really humbled me and made me realize how much time I have wasted on worrying about the unimportant things in life. And how I should be spending more time glorifying God and reveling in the blessings He has bestowed on me. Thank you for this reminder. And remember, you are never alone!

Sarah said...

Hi Fiona! I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I am so captivated by your story, your faith, and seeing how God was with you that awful day. Our family will be praying for you and your precious family.

mommybeckley said...

I too found your blog through Kelly's Korner. I struggle to find the right words to say....you have truly touched me. I will pray for you and your family. God is so good and through him all things are possible.