Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Laughter is the best medicine

Zev and I head out to Baltimore today. We are nervous but excited (yes excited) about the brain surgery. My surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning, not sure what time. I have to report nice and early tomorrow morning for more scans and to discuss with Dr. Q what type of brain surgery he will do. It all depends on his interpretation of the Functional MRI . Although I won't feel anything, I'm not looking forward to an awake craniotomy but if that's what they have to do, then so be it. Hope I hold still!! Hmmm

My cousin Dennis in Australia sent me a joke. It's a cancer joke and although cancer is NOT a funny experience, I think it is important to see joy in the every day. This joke was funny to me.

A guy goes to see his doctor. The doctor says: "I've got bad news for you. You've got incurable cancer an you're suffering from a form of amnesia as well." The guy says "Well that doesn't sound so bad. At least I don't have cancer."

It was funny when I read it yesterday.

Today's devotional by Stormie Omartian is appropriate. They are always appropriate, I don't know why I keep saying that. Maybe I surprise myself every morning that they are so fitting to my life's circumstances?

Lord, help me live with truth in my heart and not give place to lies. I want to dwell in Your presence, where everything makes sense and all is truth and there is always HOPE (emphasis added by me). Give me a new way of thinking that does not conform to the world. Help me to live in Your perfect will and prove to all who see me that Your way is the right way to live.

Lord, who may abide in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill? He who walks uprightly, and works righteousness, and speaks the truth in his heart. Psalm 15:1-2.

I am so grateful this morning. Grateful for everyone that has prayed for us and supported us. Grateful for family and friends. Zev has been a solid rock during this entire experience. Thank you for praying for him too. I think of that song that goes "On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand...." Christ IS THE solid rock that I gratefully stand on, and Zev is my rock on earth that I lean on. How did I get to be so blessed? I don't deserve this but then we don't deserve the blessings we have been given.

So on that note I want to leave you with a cute picture of our little man. I am going to miss him when I am in the ICU!!!! I can't wait to hold him and kiss him afterwards!

Have a great Tuesday!

FIFi

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are an inspiration! I am praying for a total miracle for you. I will be praying for Dr. Q as he performs your surgery as well.

Safe trip to Baltimore!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your surgery on Thursday. For everyone involved...that you will be God's light...that recovery will be fast...that your family is cared for while you're in the hospital.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you from SoCal.

Gena said...

You are always on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers Sweet FiFi. Dr. Q with our Lord will do your surgery like the experts they are!!!

Hey, adorable pic of Zachary. He is so expressive, even at only 4 months old. XO