Thursday, August 09, 2012

Great visit at Johns Hopkins University

We had another good day at Johns Hopkins University today. Praise the Lord! I had a Functional MRI which lasted about 4 hours and basically mapped my brain in preparation for surgery next Thursday August 16th. Then we met with the oncologist who was wonderful and told us that we would format a concrete plan once the surgery was complete and they knew exactly what type of tumor I have. It's all good...

God has definitely been glorified in all this. I love my husband and my family and my friends more with each passing day. I appreciate every day people more. I am humbled by the outpouring of prayer and offers of help, from meal ministry to people making pink and sparkly bandanas for me! The Body of Christ is powerful!

I feeling so happy and hopeful today. It's amazing what perspective does: I still have brain cancer and an aggressive form at that. I may never get rid of the cancer cells. But I am getting treated and I have an awesome support network especially my husband. And that gives me comfort.

Today Zachary is 4 months old. Zev and I can't wait to go home and hug his neck! Mum and Howard thank you so much for everything you have done and for taking such great care of him.

Love Fiona :-))

5 comments:

Sarah Kate in WA state said...

Here via Kelly's Korner.....praying for you and your sweet family!

Unknown said...

I saw your link on Kelly's Korner. I wanted to let you know that you'll be in my prayers. My mother-in-law was diagnosed with brain cancer in 2008. She is still with us and doing quite well, which we were told was unlikely. I just wanted to share a story of hope. I'm not sure you've been able to talk with anyone else who has experienced it. She went through brain surgery and recovered quickly from the experience. She was up driving and running errands in no time. She is still undergoing treatment. But I pray that your surgeons hand will be guided by God and for a speedy recovery so that you can get back to playing with your adorable son very soon. Love to your family!

Leslie said...

Just found your blog! Following your story and PRAYING!!!

Leslie said...

Just found your blog! Following your story and PRAYING!!!

Sara Moon said...

Praying! Sending lots of love and even more prayers! I wish I could encourage you more. Kiss that precious boy, I think our babies are very close in age!