Tuesday, July 03, 2012

"Such a good boy"

In writing this post today, I have to start by saying that Zachary is a gift from God.  When I say that our baby is "such a good boy", I am giving total glory to God.  We are brand new, fumbling parents, learning every day.  The fact that we have been blessed with a good, happy, easy-going baby is truly a blessing.  I want to record our memories for Zachary to some day look back on these blog posts (we print our blog books) and remember how much we loved him, right from the beginning.  We would of course love him nonetheless if he were a "fussy" baby, but the fact that he is so mellow and good is something worth remembering.  Zachary is doing very well health wise.  He continues to put on weight and seems to be growing fast, right before our eyes.  We think he weighs about 15 pounds (6.8 kilos; we weighed ourselves on the home scale) and he is getting longer every day.  He is almost rolling over; he is sucking his thumb; he gurgles and giggles and makes all sorts of sounds;  he imitates daddy, like when daddy sticks his tongue out or when daddy points his foot;  he eats well every 3 to 4 hours (probably closer to every 4 hours now) and.....(drumroll!) last night he slept 7 hours!!!!!!!! Woo hooo!!  Of course Zev and I still feel tired (we are looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!) but we are so happy for our son.  We say to each other "he is such a good boy" many times a day.  When people compliment him and ask us how he is doing, we say "he is such a good boy."  He smiles when I come to his crib in the mornings; smiles when he sees daddy come home at night; smiles while being fed and changed and is just a happy boy.  We maintain a simple schedule and he feeds on demand, but I think this helps him be a happy, well adjusted little boy.  I think that his first word is "hi" (I am telling you, I have heard him say "hi" to me in the mornings!)  Anyhoo, I am going to post some pictures for the family to see how our boy is doing.  Much love to all!

Zev, Fifi and Zachary xo

I love his thighs and his feet.  I like to kiss his feet and this makes him smile.
The view this morning, after I fed him and put him down for a nap.  He has been asleep from 6am until now!  Incidentally, he slept a lot yesterday....I remember reading in Dr. Sears' baby book that a well rested baby sleeps well at night...so true! 
Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." 1 Cor 1:31
    

No comments: