Monday, May 28, 2012

Thank you Mario & Gabby!!

My older brother and his awesome wife sent us a wonderful package for Zachary, all the way from Australia!  Gabby had handcrafted this beautiful quilt that is personalized with Zachary's name and date of birth as well as native Australian animals.  I love it!!  They also sent some Australian children's books which I found very cool because I had grown up with these books!  Gabby had also sewn Zachary a quilted " Learn to Count...Australia" book, also with Aussie animals on it, so we should have some fun learning the names of Australian wildlife!  Thank you so much Mario and Gab.  We miss you and the kids terribly and can't wait to see you soon!
Zachary and I with the Baby Bjorn that they sent us and the lovely quilt. 
Close-up.
Uncle Zev with the Learn to Count book and a beautiful masterpiece by our godson!
I love his name.  This is in Zachary's nursery, across from the triptych that Nancy brought last week.
Australian childrens books.  Mem Fox, who wrote the classic "Possum Magic" is well known down under.
I had to take a picture of Zev's "jerry-rig" temporary solution to Zachary's mobile...Zachary is currently sleeping in our bedroom in a bassinet, and we had to come up with a way to attach the mobile....enter Zev's wooden clothes tree.  He's smart, my husband is!
Zev could invent ANYTHING I reckon! Ha!

And, because I know that the real reason you check our blog is to see Zachary, here is the man of the moment!  I love his chubby thighs!!

Happy Memorial Day!

For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him." 
Genesis 18:19





No comments: