Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stand still....

When I was pregnant with Zachary, I kept a journal, and I tried to include a scripture verse for each entry. I was flicking through it today, thinking that I need to finish the journal in order to make it "complete" (I need to work on Zachary's baby book too but that's another story!) and I came across this scripture verse:
"Stand still and see the great thing that God is about to do before your eyes." 1 Samuel 12:16
This was the scripture verse for February 29, 2012, when I was struggling with fear about our baby. I think every new mum undergoes fearful thoughts at some point in her pregnancy. We had six weeks to go until Zachary's due date and I was praying for God to take my fears away. Well, He answered my prayers. It is so nice to go back and see where and how God has answered our prayers and taken away our fears. Today, I looked at Zachary and just thanked God for this amazing gift. A most precious possession. Zev and I love him so much.
Zachary, you have rocked our world. We love you and pray for God's protection over you both now and foreevermore.
"But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

No comments: