Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Laugh and Cry

I heard this story on the KLove radio station this morning, and it made me cry:


Basically, this mother in Indiana used her body as a human shield during the tornadoes that tore through this week. Her two children (5 and 8 years old) didn't suffer a scratch according to the article, but she has lost both her legs and suffered 9 broken ribs. The love of a mother for her babies....

Then this made me laugh later on today:
It made me laugh because I have been saying for months now that "they" (ie: every parking lot on this planet) should have special parking spots for pregnant (especially heavily pregnant women). Walking across a parking lot when 8 1/2 months pregnant is hard work, let me tell you. I still love being pregnant though.

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

No comments: