Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Preparing for Baby Boy!!

There is an air of excitement in our household.  I think the JOY of knowing that we will meet our baby boy soon (in less than 12 weeks!) and feeling him kick and move around, has us excited about preparing for his birth.  Zev and I had a very productive MLK weekend.  We both got individual errands run, and Zev worked very hard to clear out the room that will be our son's nursery.  This room was the last bastion of boxes from our recent move.  We have done pretty well in getting rid of stuff with each move, but there is always stuff that's left over; mostly books.  So Zev hauled all the boxes up into the attic and set up our son's crib and dresser this weekend and brought in the glider, which he had set up a few weeks before!  My heart swelled with love, just seeing my husband work so hard to set up our son's room.  As cheesy as this may sound to some, I sat in the glider and rocked back and forth a little, imagining holding my baby son there very soon. 
Zev can look at what seems like a million parts and pieces and put the most complex things together.  The reviews at Babies R Us for the glider said that it was hard to put together.  Zev had it completed in less than an hour. 
He will make such a wonderful daddy.
The crib and dresser together. We have actually moved their positioning around the room, to include the glider. My dear friend Nancy, who happens to own the house we live in and is a fellow AF wife and who first introduced me to Bible study in Alabama which in turn lead me to the Lord, has offered to have her sister-in law paint a tryptic on canvas, which will go on the wall behind out son's crib. It will basically be a black/dark brown tree on a pale blue background, with some birds in the tree/ flying in or out. Nancy's sister-in-law painted the monkeys on vines in one of our bathrooms, and I was very honored when she offered this as her baby gift. It really will be such an honor and something that we can take with us on each military move! Here is a general idea of what it will look like, although the colors will be different.
As with all of our previous postings, we feel so blessed by our new friends here in Virginia. The ladies from our Sunday school class have offered to host a baby shower for me in March! I am also hosting a baby shower for my friend Natalie, and inviting the military spouses from the various spouses groups we are a part of, to my house for lunch. Well, I just wanted to share the joy of preparing for our baby boy with you :-))

Have a great day!


The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners. Isaiah 61:1-3

No comments: