Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Boy's first facial pics

Hi everyone! How has your week been? Can you believe that in a few short days it will be February!? I've said this many times before, but time certainly does seem to fly by. In less than 10 weeks, Zev and I will be parents for the first time! So exciting and yet so nerve-wracking in many ways. I changed my first diaper ("nappy" for my Aussie friends and family) this past Friday. I also learned how to swaddle a baby, on my friend Amber's 6 month old baby boy, Brett. He was very well behaved, but I wonder, how I will do when I am trying to swaddle a screaming newborn? And when I am tired? One of my biggest weaknesses is that I do NOT do well when I am tired. I get grumpy pants. Thank the Lord that Zev has the patience of a saint as they say. He will be a big help and an excellent father....but I still have times when I doubt my own abilities, especially when I think of how I will do after my mum heads back home and Zev goes back to work. I am so glad that my mum will be here to help me before and after the birth and that Zev can take some time off work to be with me and the baby. I am terrified sometimes, actually. I am praying about this right now; about God giving me strength and courage to be a mum. The Bible tells us not to be afraid but to cast our worries on the Lord. I am learning every day...
So on Saturday, Zev and I went to a local 3d/4d ultrasound studio to have a special ultrasound of our baby boy made! I know that in other countries, like Germany and Australia, mums get an ultrasound every month, but here in the US, we only get an ultrasound at 10 weeks and one at 20 weeks. These ultrasounds are black and white and "2d" so you don't get to see dimensions and facial features. This is 2d:
Well, where there is a business opportunity and a demand, there will be supply, and sure enough there is a local business that, for a fee, specializes in taking 3d/4d ultrasound pictures of your baby when you are between 28 and 32 weeks pregnant. A licensed ultrasound tech takes the "pictures." You can have as many visitors as you like in the room with you and they make a DVD and a CD of the entire process. Pretty cool actually.
So the highlights from our session were that our son has cute chubby cheeks; I personally think that he looks a lot like Zev, especially in the profile shots; he has hair on his head; he kept his right hand near his cheek the entire time; he is currently in the breech position (head and feet up near my rib cage); he had a strong heartbeat of 143 beats per minute, and...he is totally OURS! Thank you, Lord for our little miracle!
Well, I am sure you have loved the baby picture overload :-)) Hope that YOU have a great week.

I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

No comments: