Saturday, June 25, 2011

Rachel in Rothenburg ob der Tauber

One of my favorite places to take our guests is the walled city of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, about an hour and 45 minutes from our house.
It is such an enchanting medieval town that has been excellently maintained over the years and has an intact wall encircling the entire town.
Rachel and I headed there yesterday and she loved it too.
Leslie from Louisiana was my first guest to go there, so I always remember her when I go.
I love the "accidental" finds that one makes on trips. We were looking for the WC and went inside this door near the Rathaus.
We ended up going up this incredible old and progressively narrower staircase (all the while I am thinking "where is the toilet already"!!!) and came out what looked like a submarine hull but which actually was the top of the bell tower!! What an awesome view of Rothenburg.
Sweet Rachel is off to Munich today and then Barcelona and back to Australia in a few weeks. It will be fun to reminisce about her time in Germany when we see her next.
Family is so important. We love and pray for our families in Australia and the US at least once a day. Have a lovely weekend and God bless!

No comments: