Monday, March 21, 2011

Achaeological Museum and H&M

It turns out that all stores except cafes and restaurants are closed on Sundays and a lot of stores are still closed on Mondays here in Athens. Which is fine, really, because yesterday was another "chilled out" sort of day, which is good for people on vacation and today was a bit on the chilly side, so we headed to the Archaeological Museum. (I had to look up how to spell that by the way. On google. Of course.)
The highlight for me today was probably H&M. I bought a cute top.
The highlight for Zev was probably showing me his amazing knowledge of ancient Greek civilization and methods of casting bronze statues like the "lost wax method." That´s what a degree in Anthropology from Ithaca College gets you. I did find these ancient art works interesting. Don´t the boys on this frieze look like they are dancing to some groovy music?

Yes, I said groovy. How about this one...don´t they look like they were playing an ancient form of hockey?!!
Well, they were! Yes, I am able to find the most unusual things interesting...
Don´t get me wrong, I really appreciate the history and culture of ancient Greece. I think I may be a little "historied" out though. I worked on my thesis for most of yesterday and my head still hurts from reading all that German law stuff.
We are heading home tomorrow. The picture above was taken by Zev yesterday. I am glad that we have had this week vacation together. He has been working so hard lately and will be heading home to more long days and nights in the office. I am glad for the days we have had exploring ancient sites and trying new foods together. It will be nice to be in our own home again.
Hope that you are having a good week!
Love, Fi xo

No comments: