Monday, November 01, 2010

Thank You

Today is Allerheiligen or "All Saints Day" here in Germany and thus all the shops and businesses are closed. It is such a gorgeous fall day here too. The autumn colors are in full bloom and as it is so beautiful, I decided to go on a nice long run through the woods. The view was serene and simply awesome. It is what I imagine that Zev's home town of Canandaigua must look like right now, with the beautiful reds and yellows and oranges. I didn't take a picture, but the picture below could well have been taken right here in Germany.
As I was running, I was reflecting on some lessons that I have learnt in recent days, and thinking about the sermon series that Pastor Packer has been delivering in church these past few weeks. The central theme for me seems to be about being grateful and giving thanks. You may be like me and give thanks to God in prayer or mention that you are grateful for certain things. I realized that I don't give thanks to people as often as I should, and I felt compelled to write about it right here, right now, as I still sit in my running clothes and cool down from my run. I know that a lot of our family and friends read this blog, and I am happy that you like to keep up with our lives. So for those family and friend members out there, please know that we love each one of you and are grateful for you and what you mean to our lives. Dave, Judy, Deven, Lauren, Dave, Will, Emily, Maria, Howard, Mario, Gabby, Ali, Marco, Isabella, Mario and Ceci, please know that we love you and pray for you and are grateful for you. All our other family and friends, you know who you are. You are each so special and wonderful.

Happy Fall, y'all.

No comments: