Saturday, November 07, 2009

Fall Bike Riding

Today, Zev and I set out on a fun bike ride through the woods up the back of our house. The weather was cool and crisp, and the leaves were simply gorgeous- yellows, oranges, reds, browns. Fall is really a beautiful time of the year. We definitely got a good workout, traversing through the hills (and I mean HILLS!) up to a spot called "Jagerhaus", and then on to another mountain top called "Katherinenlinde" where we ate a late lunch at one of our (ok, my) favorite restaurants in town, "Uferlos." They seriously serve the world's BEST salads there, and they are so tasty. The "small" salad is enormous and that is the one I got. Everything tastes good there, it is really good value (not expensive at all, and actually quite cheap) and you just feel warm and cosy inside like you are visiting someone's house. Then we rode down the hill to our house, and here I am, still in my bike riding clothes, posting this because I want to share with you the beauty in the little things in life.

I could just sit and stare at this gorgeous mini waterfall...the colors of the leaves are different every time we pass it. So peaceful and quiet....

Guess we can't tease our German friends anymore- when we first arrived here, we remarked how funny we thought it was that the Germans seem to like wearing matching "outfits" to go bike riding. Even my German teacher agrees that it is a "German thing." I mean, we have seen couples in their sixties cruise past us in matching bikes (very nice bikes too), matching helmets, matching spandex tops and bottoms...and now, I guess you can say we are just trying to blend in to the culture. Our bikes are slightly different colors though!



I love this man. How about his huntin' cap to go bike riding? That's my Zev!

Zev counting sheep. This was up by Katherinenlinde. First time we have seen sheep up there!!


Hmmm.....it's nice and warm here...

I'll have....the usual thanks!

I am very happy. Can't take my ear warmers off though, sorry. I don't like cold ears!

This is the "small" portion. For like 6 Euro 50 cents. Can't beat that!

You don't have to travel far to have a really enjoyable day and see something new and beautiful, and today was a perfect example of that. God bless and take care, Fifi and Zev xoxo

No comments: