Sunday, January 26, 2014

Montessori Madness!

Haha. The title of this blog post makes me laugh, but it truly sums up what I believe is a great way to teach preschoolers. There is so much material online, through blogs and websites and YouTube, that provide great inspiration for  teaching toddlers as young as Zachary important life skills, such as how to read, count, identify colors and shapes and practical life skills. Zev and I had fun this weekend making some educational toys for little man, using materials we already had or bought cheaply at Lowe's and Michaels. Zachary loves them and the best part is that he doesn't even know he's learning! 

Have a blessed week :-)




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fiona,
I just enjoyed reading your recent posts and saw your photos. I love the ones of Zachary sorting the nuts& bolts by size. Reminded me of my kids when they were little. Of course my "kids" are 35 & 45 now!
Glad to hear you are teaching him phonics. A child who knows phonics can read anything.
We got some snow last week but it didn't stick. It has been unusually cold, just not as severe as the rest of the country.
Ruth Ann