Friday, September 06, 2013

A week of firsts!

This has been a busy week of firsts for our little family, especially for Zachary and mummy! Here is a recap with pics:

- first haircut for Zachary by the wonderful Kristine on Monday
- first time to the Children's Museum: he LOVED it. We will be going back again!
- first session of MOPS for the 2013-2014 year. We did MOPS last year but he is walking (read: running!!) now so it's a whole new experience!!
- first time at Mother's Morning Out!

Zachary also got some hand-me-down toys from Kristine's son and (unsurprisingly!) he loves the Caterpillar dump truck and the car tracks. His favorite things now are cars, trucks (and he loves to point and say "car?" "truck" with this adorable lilt. I will try to record it!), dogs, birds (loves to say "bird, bird!"), balls (can't get enough of balls, in fact he now carries one with him in the stroller and car seat). He is so fascinating to watch. Today at bath time I was just watching him while he transferred water from one cup to another without spilling. He is also picking up a lot of Spanish. Ginny came over the other day and I asked him twice "where is Ginny?" He looked at me with a puzzled look and then when I asked "donde esta Ginny?" did he point to her. Water is now "agua". We LOVE having Meme around!! Now the pressure is on mamma to keep Zachary's Spanish up when Meme returns to Australia! Kids really are sponges though.

I hope and pray that you have a great week! Take time to give thanks for each day. I know I do.

























No comments: