Thursday, December 08, 2011

Vielen Dank Ulla und Manfred!

I wanted to share this awesome surprise that arrived on our doorstep this morning and which cheered up my day.  I have been sick these past few days with a cold and a sore throat and achy body.  Being sick and pregnant is no fun because I am not meant to take really any medicine (except small amounts of Tylenol).  Dr. Zev has been AMAZING though and incredibly patient (I can be a little grumpy when sick, I must admit) and he has shown once again what an excellent father he will make.

 My wonderful former German teacher, Ulla and her husband, Manfred sent us this box of original Lebkuchen from Nurenberg, Germany, which arrived on our doorstep via Fedex today.  Not only was Ulla retired and teaching me German as a labor of love, but she also introduced Zev and I to authentic German culture and traditions; from visiting castles to festivals and regional foods.  Right up until a few days before we flew out of Germany in July this year, they took us on a wonderful tour of Schloss Lichtenstein.  I couldn't have written my thesis without Ulla revising and correcting what I had written in German (and spending MANY hours doing so!) Receiving their gift today was such a lovely surprise and the box that it came in is GORGEOUS (complete with a pop out little Christmas scene). I will keep that box as a keepsake. 
Vielen Dank liebe Ulla, lieber Manfred. Wir vermissen euch beide und Deutschland so sehr.  Liebe Grüße, Zev und Fiona xoxoxo

Denn also hat Gott die Welt geliebt, dass er seinen eingeborenen Sohn gab, damit alle, die an ihn glauben, nicht verloren werden, sondern das ewige Leben haben.

Johannes 3:16

No comments: