Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend

God blessed us with a lovely and relaxed Thanksgiving this year.  Zev's parents, Dave and Judy, drove down from upstate New York to spend a few days with us and we enjoyed catching up and a nice Thanksgiving dinner (inspired by Bon Appetit magazine!)  I was Zev's little Sous Chef while he directed the course of events!
Zev asked me to get 5 sweet potatoes from the Commissary.  Needless to say, they had these MASSIVE sweet potatoes, which you can see Judy holding above, and we only needed three!  They were sweet too!
Holding up our "thankful" bread basket!  The basket is special to me; I bought it in Rothenberg ob der Tauber in Germany, and it says "Unser täglich Brot gib uns heute" which translates to "Our daily bread give us today" and is of course reminiscent of the Lord's prayer ("Give us this day, our daily bread....")  I thought it was cool.  Can you see my belly in this picture!  That top was "long" on me a short time ago!
Guten Appetit!

The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins, He will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD.  Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing. 
Isaiah 51:3

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl!!!