Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dear baby....

To our unborn child,
I want to tell you about your daddy, Zev.  You will meet him soon and you will love him just as much as I do; maybe even more, if that's possible!  He will love you too and even though we don't know if you are a boy or a girl or what you will look like,  we already love you so much.  I wanted to record these thoughts, because even though I keep a personal journal to record this pregnancy, I wanted you to see in the blog book that we loved you even before we met you.  You are a creation of God and we can't wait to hold you in our arms.
 Your daddy really is an awesome guy.  He is kind, loving, generous, gorgeous, sweet, considerate and funny.  He is a hard worker and has strong values.  I lean on him sometimes and he leans on me.  But in different ways.  You'll see.  You'll also see that your daddy likes pizza and ice-cream and would survive on these two food groups if he could.  Seriously.
Funniness is important in life and comes in handy sometimes to break any sourness or bitterness that arises in relationships.  I knew from the day I danced with your daddy at that ball in Sydney, when I was "Wendy" and he was (meant to be!) "Peter Pan" that the rest of my life would involve this man.  We will have to tell you the funny story of "how we met" someday.  I like to tell it :-)) I hope that one day you will meet a person who loves you and cares for you and respects you.  It's important to dream and talk about your plans for the future.  Even if that involves living in 3 continents during the year and driving a motor home around the country.  One day, perhaps.  Never stop exploring the world around you.  Never stop dreaming...
I read this Psalm yesterday and I thought about how our lives are changing...for the better, with your upcoming arrival.  It's amazing to think that in 4 short months or so, we will be parents.  And trying to figure out how to balance sleep and changing diapers and nursing.  We have a lot of learning to do but I think we will be ok.  We feel so blessed by God.  I have been feeling little bubbles in my belly in the morning, and I think that it is you.  Is it? I love you.  See you at your ultrasound on Tuesday!
Mummy xo

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways.
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots around your table.
Thus is the man blessed who fears the Lord.
May the Lord bless you from Zion all the days of your life;
may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem,
and may you live to see your children's children.
Peace be upon Israel.

Psalm 128




No comments: