Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weindorf 2010

It must seem that we go from festival to festival. We don't exactly, but I will say that there are a lot of festivals in Germany over the summertime. Within 15 minutes of our house. So of course, if there is a festival 15 minutes away, we will probably be there. These festivals I might add are very family friendly. We went to to the Weindorf in downtown Stuttgart last night.
We just caught the train down and had a lovely night.
The local wine producers (where we live is a big wine producing area) showcase their best wines at the Weindorf (wine village) every year.
They also sell food typical to our region ("Schwaebisch" food.)
It's a lot of fun to walk around, especially as it is held in the late summertime. 

Today my German teacher, Ulla and her husband, Manfred, invited us over to lunch at their house. Manfred and Ulla were born in 1938. They look so much younger than their age and they keep really fit. Ulla has a heart for American students learning German. She is a part of the Ladies Bible Study on one of the American bases here and so when I told her that I was part of a Ladies Bible Study, we really hit it off. I visit her about once a week to keep my German conversation up to speed. She makes no bones about the fact that my grammar could be a lot better, but she is the best person to learn with. They loved Zev and it was a fun afternoon with them. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures.

Well, I hope that you have a good week!
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the LORD. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11  

No comments: