Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Groundhog Saw His Shadow and Went Back to Bed...







Well, Zev was right- Winter is not over, not just yet. Just when I was loving the warmer weather and dreaming of riding our bikes outside and wearing lighter clothes, we get another snowfall. And I never thought I would ever say this (and I know our family in New York knows EXACTLY what I am talking about), but I actually am starting to like a Snowy Winter. Yes, living in the snow AINT so bad after all.........Although just like the ground had to freeze so that the snow could stick to it, I too had to "freeze" and adjust to really cold temperatures, I can actually say that I truly enjoy the snow and thank God that through His power, we get to experience things like a beautiful white blanket over this city. But probably the main reason for this change of heart is the wonderful sport of SKIING!! I love it! Skiing has cast a whole new perspective over the Winter season. Once upon a time I used to dread the coming of winter because that meant putting away our swimsuits and bikes and spending endless days indoors. But SKIING!! What a great sport. Not only can you explore beautiful trails or careen down a mountain as fast as you can, but you don't have to worry too much about falling because the ground is so soft!!! We are very blessed living in Southern Germany, in that we have world class ski resorts in our backyard. And when we feel like something more adventurous, we can head down to Switzerland or Austria (I personally am MORE than HAPPY skiing to the baby slopes- I don't really have the need for speed or neck-breaking ski runs, I like gentle, long slopes and hot cocoa at the end). So, for Valentine's Day, Zev drove us 40 minutes down the road to a little ski resort in the "Schwaebish Alb" which is our local area's answer to the Austrian Alps (albeit on a MUCH smaller, cuter scale!! The lift ticket prices were also a LOT smaller and appealed to Zev's senses much more!! Ha). Zev even shoveled the driveway with a smile on his dial, and cooked me a wonderful dinner at night. I thank God for the wonderful husband He provided me with. My prayer is that we can glorify God through our marriage and our lives. We really feel blessed with our lives and are just happy to be alive. Anyway, we both hope that all our family and friends are doing well. We miss you all very much. Love and hugs from Deutschland, Fifi xoxoxo

PS: I am actually praying for MORE snow these days. Yes, believe it or not....

No comments: