Monday, September 03, 2007

End of Summer- Beginning of Fun Fall!!!


Well I can't believe it's the end of Summer- well according to the local tradition here in the States were Labor Day seems like the symbolic end of Summer and the beginning of Fall. I've got to say that the Fall in the South (or "Autumn" for my dear Aussie family and friends) is probably Zev and my favorite season. It's cooler but not cold and certainly not unbearably hot; it's football season (and if you have ever lived in the South, you'll understand what I mean- football is VERY IMPORTANT STUFF here); and it's just a fun season to cook-out (again, for the Aussies- "BBQ") and enjoy time with friends. At the beginning of summer I ent walk about on base because it was so pretty outside and just took a bunch of pictures so that we can always remember the beauty and history of this great base. I like this picture of Zev washing his dirt bike. It was really cute at one point to see Max, our 3 year old neighbor with bleached white hair and the cutest smile, walk up to Zev and just admire the red bike. We probably had our best summer in the South and it will always be a lovely memory....

No comments: